I have placed the hho into the air intake before the air filter.  The results so far have been disapointing.  cell worked perfectly on my vw 2.4 diesel with 25-30% gain in mpg.  Any surgestions why such a drop in mpg on the land rover. Will hho condense if fed through intercooler and pipework.

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not familiar with either of these motors.  Could you explain the difference between them other than size, example type of injection, electric or mechanical, type of sensors if electric etc.  Are both turbo charged?  You might need to change your injection point based on your answers.  

The vw is 5 cylinder non turbo indirect injection diesel,  no electronics.  The land rover is direct injection turbo diesel with fly by wire throttle but no other electronics. It has intercooler.

OK, that does make a difference.  The VW 5 cylinder non turbo is much easier to see gains with.  The land rover will require more effort.  I would suggest injecting closer to the turbo on the land rover and if possible to retard the injection timing by 1 to 1.5 degrees.  To much will make it hard to start so be careful. Mechanical pumps usually can be moved enough to achieve this but might require you bending the diesel pipes so be careful or you will end up with a leak.   You will require 1 liter per liter of engine size of HHO.  Not knowing anything about your HHO reactor or if you use any kind of HHO conditioner, I will assume it is not producing a more powerful form of gas thus the 1 liter per liter of engine size.  Do both engines have preheaters / glow plugs or not?  The Mercedes 5 cylinder is another engine that is easy to get good gains from.

well the land rover is a different animal.    at least it"s obd 1..... if it were obd2 you would show no results.

get the hho as close to the turbo as you can stay around 1lpm or less for best results.....

i cant get any results on a 2000 land rover d2 but it's a 2000

I have a scan tool that I'll be trying  again with.... I'll keep everyone posted on what the 02's see there are 4 of them.

My comments were based on what Stuart said;  "The land rover is direct injection turbo diesel with fly by wire throttle but no other electronics. It has intercooler."  No mention of it being an OBD 1.  If it is an OBD 1 then that is a different ball game.  To be an OBD 1 that is controlling injection there has to be sensors electronics!!

don said:

well the land rover is a different animal.    at least it"s obd 1..... if it were obd2 you would show no results.

get the hho as close to the turbo as you can stay around 1lpm or less for best results.....

I have a scan tool that I'll be trying  again with.... I'll keep everyone posted on what the 02's see there are 4 of them.

Its my brothers land rover and he has not had it long. Its a 1995 model which we tried the "mighty might" cell off my transporter.  Hoping to start installing cells here in the uk so learning by experience. 

Carter said:

My comments were based on what Stuart said;  "The land rover is direct injection turbo diesel with fly by wire throttle but no other electronics. It has intercooler."  No mention of it being an OBD 1.  If it is an OBD 1 then that is a different ball game.  To be an OBD 1 that is controlling injection there has to be sensors electronics!!

don said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

*** Translate HODINFO ***

Latest Activity

Profile IconCharlesblake and John wilson joined HODINFO
yesterday
Profile IconJustin and Dick Bos joined HODINFO
May 1
Robert Sacra favorited gabet123's discussion Catalytic Carbon PR11 Press Release new concepts and ACE cell.
Apr 28
Dave Brightman replied to gabet123's discussion 'Catalytic Carbon PR11 Press Release new concepts and ACE cell.'
Apr 28
Jim Mitchell commented on Ed Grimm's event 'Ed Grimm'
Apr 28
Jim Mitchell is attending Ed Grimm's event

Ed Grimm at Clearwater, Florida

October 18, 2019 at 12pm to October 20, 2019 at 8pm
Apr 28
hydrosmith posted a blog post
Mar 19
Ed Grimm commented on Ed Grimm's event 'Ed Grimm'
Mar 14
hydrosmith posted a blog post
Mar 7
Darren favorited Ed Grimm's event Ed Grimm
Feb 28
Dude Papa is now a member of HODINFO
Feb 22
richard r may commented on Ed Grimm's event 'Ed Grimm'
Feb 20
Greg Kusiak replied to Bradley Glen's discussion 'O2 or map Sensor delete hho'
Feb 19
Greg Kusiak replied to Bradley Glen's discussion 'Potassium Hydroxide - what is next best while I wait for KOH supply'
Feb 19
richard r may is attending Ed Grimm's event

Ed Grimm at Clearwater, Florida

March 22, 2019 at 12pm to March 24, 2019 at 8pm
Feb 19
Bradley Glen posted a discussion
Feb 19

© 2019   Created by gabet123.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat