Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So does this work still?

Yes - this has been working REALLY well.  I am still using it.
It is even better when you mix water + methanol to produce mist.  Excellent at high engine RPM.

Now I am configuring to run my car on two devices:

1) HHO injection device using ACE Janitorial Ammonia    (316L SS tube with Platinum-coated wiremesh anode)

2) Water + methanol mist injection device.

Good stuff :)

I've tried this and noticed the mist production varied greatly with temperature, and it improved greatly when i started using distilled water..  

That's interesting.

I've looked at piezo water misters before but was put off by their relatively low hours life... well the ones I got hold of had a relatively short life.

How many hours do you expect from your transducers?

Felix Audet said:

I've tried this and noticed the mist production varied greatly with temperature, and it improved greatly when i started using distilled water..  

Suprisingly, the one I was using is the cheapest ones I could find on ebay, I bought for 4$ each and there still holding after a summer long of use.  Problem is mist production is very unconsistant. Usually it made very little fog when the water is cold and a decent production when the water was warm to the touch. I used 2 in parallel. 

Sounds like a study of optimum temp is needed. Then a circuit to keep it that way.

Mist production consistency is mostly based on water level relative to the depth of the mister ...not on water temp.  I bought several of this unit and one worked for almost a year of driving.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PAK21WU/ref=oh_aui_search_deta...

The one I got is very similar to that.. 

I was thinking about getting a 6 disks unit, with the hope that it'll make more mist, more consistently..

Optimal temp seems to be in the 30 to 50 C range..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

*** Translate HODINFO ***

Latest Activity

Jediah Krajcik updated their profile
Thursday
Aaron Malczewski replied to DAN MERRICK's discussion 'hhhn vs hho'
Thursday
Wade Waters replied to Felix Audet's discussion 'Resonnance electrolysis VS HV flyback'
Wednesday
Jediah Krajcik is now a member of HODINFO
Aug 9
charles ware replied to charles ware's discussion 'Popular mechanics story on HHO'
Aug 2
Richard Keough updated their profile
Jul 31
Profile IconKiera and Clare Katz joined HODINFO
Jul 31
broandrew replied to charles ware's discussion 'Popular mechanics story on HHO'
Jul 30
Alan Smith replied to gabet123's discussion 'Harlo Mayne and Maynex'
Jul 25
gabet123 posted a discussion
Jul 25
gabet123 commented on David Brightman's status
Jul 24
Stuart Kinley joined James Morehead's group
Jul 23
David Brightman commented on David Brightman's status
Jul 22
gabet123 commented on David Brightman's status
Jul 22
David Brightman posted a status
". enough clearance between the electrodes as I cell I found a fine slurry of cast iron had bridged the regards Dave"
Jul 21
Heidi Dayne Hanson is now a member of HODINFO
Jul 17

© 2018   Created by gabet123.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat