HODINFO IS SHUTTING DOWN IF YOU WANT ANY DATA ON THIS NETWORK THE NETWORK IS UNLOCKED. COPY IT!

Catalytic Carbon PR11 Press Release new concepts and ACE cell.

I have been in talks with Howard Phillips whose team continues to innovate at a rapid pace. This most recent chat resulted in HODINFO members being the first to learn of a new concept and a new cell design. If your looking for a new direction to test I would suggest you soak up as much of this info as you can. Please see attached PR11 file or follow the link for it below and then follow the link to the ACE cell. 

Methods and systems for producing hydrogen.pdf (patent)

Methods and systems for producing hydrogen.docx (patent)

Howard Phillips catalytic carbon data archive (Data)

Ace cell research (research)

Views: 2034

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have years worth of discussions on electrical connections. Please see here http://hodinfo.com/forum/topic/search?q=electrical+connections

New ace 2 document has been added.

Your problems can be solved in two steps.

Basically Hydrogen needs to be burned at a perticular volumetric ratio. This ratio is nothing but the air-fuel ratio. If you combust Hydrogen in Carb engine it will create the problem of back fire and flood condition in intake manifold because the carb is designed as per petrol. So I suggest you to have one Hydrogen carburetor. We are in the middle of development of Hydrogen carburetor.

Also to avoid back fire you must use Flashback arrestor. As the flame velocity for hydrogen is highest as compared to petrol & diesel it leads to serious problem. We also developed flashback arrestor for Hydrogen.

For any information mail me moholkarakshay@gmail.com.

Martin Moore said:

Alan,

In a carb engine the flash-back runs back to the carb via the manifold space. Diesels and PI petrol engines have no input manifold void that is filled with a combustible air/fuel mixture as the fuel is directly injected. So in theory a flash-back would not be a reality in normal use.

However, if you were to unfortunately flood the engine (or it turns over without starting) some fuel vapor could conceivably escape into the inlet manifold and provide an opportunity for a flash-back in exactly the same way excess unburnt fuel entering the exhaust manifold can cause a back-fire "bang".

I'd err on the side of caution because you never know!

My pennies worth.

Martin

Ignition temperature of diesel is a lot higher, thus I think for the time being it is of low priority.

What I suggest is the matter of the information / knowledge being chewed on.

Now this "press release" is the primary backfire I'd like to see getting proper flashbacks for, or we might just as well be looking at another fairytale developing.

...and how does one share the technology in view of "openly" developing while keeping the ones at bay who wanna help it backfire? Probably the gazillion dollar question. We need to be like the elite and get our own think-tanks and fill that with the fuel...

I'm just saying.

How about direct injection of H2 into the cylinder?

H2 would not therefore be mixed with O or air anywhere except within an area built for ignition.

Has anyone considered H2 enriched (think emulsion) diesel at the injectors?

Is there room for a high frequency mechanical (reeds / crystal transducer) mixer just before the injector stage?

Again... not mixing H2 with air at any time except within the cylinder.

Hi everyone this engine can run on H2 http://www.cleangreenengines.com/general/hec-tina-finalizes-new-eng...

So maybe they have worked out all the bugs.

That's interesting/

I like the idea of "shut down" but I wonder what it does for balance and vibration?

In looks - it reminds me of a little engine we used to have in a car nearly 45 years ago!

SUBJECT:  FLASHBACK

Martin saidIn a carb engine the flash-back runs back to the carb via the manifold space. Diesels and PI petrol engines have no input manifold void that is filled with a combustible air/fuel mixture as the fuel is directly injected. So in theory a flash-back would not be a reality in normal use.

Howard's comment:  Martin's theory has been confirmed in my use of H2 in the use of 2 vehicles.  Both vehicles are fuel-injection engines.  One is a 2004 Buick and the other is a 2010 Lincoln.  The H2 is being used as a BOOST MODE method of improving fuel economy by getting more MPG.  Both vehicles run WITHOUT a flashback arrestor.  I have never experienced a flashback on either vehicle.  This confirms Martin's theory.  The construction details and operation of the two systems is described online at www.PhillipsCompany.4T.com/ACE2.pdf

Kind regards, Howard

@ Sir Martin

As per my opinion in carb engines the main reason of backfire is
1) Valve timing : If the spark is generated inside the combustion chamber just before the closing of intake valve the some cumbusted part of Hydrogen flame travels at the fastest speed which further leads to the back fire. So if you are using carb engines for hydrogen combustion you must look into valve timing.

2) This backfire then combust the fuel particles in intake manifold. So the next charge that is going to be inducted inside the combustion chamber is lean mixture.When hydrogen fuel is burnt with lean mixture it leads to misfiring inside combustion chamber because of the low hydrogen content or we can say that air-fuel ratio is not stoichiometric. So this is one of the reason of popping noise and vibration in Hydrogen engine.

In case of Fuel injected engines

The pressure plays vital role in avoiding backfire. The fuel is injected inside the combustion chamber at high pressure which leads to atomize the fuel particle inside the combustion chamber confirming proper combustion of fuel.

But I think we have make some changes in fuel injection pump because of the density difference between Hydrogen & Diesel.
Howard Phillips said:

SUBJECT:  FLASHBACK

Martin saidIn a carb engine the flash-back runs back to the carb via the manifold space. Diesels and PI petrol engines have no input manifold void that is filled with a combustible air/fuel mixture as the fuel is directly injected. So in theory a flash-back would not be a reality in normal use.

Howard's comment:  Martin's theory has been confirmed in my use of H2 in the use of 2 vehicles.  Both vehicles are fuel-injection engines.  One is a 2004 Buick and the other is a 2010 Lincoln.  The H2 is being used as a BOOST MODE method of improving fuel economy by getting more MPG.  Both vehicles run WITHOUT a flashback arrestor.  I have never experienced a flashback on either vehicle.  This confirms Martin's theory.  The construction details and operation of the two systems is described online at www.PhillipsCompany.4T.com/ACE2.pdf

Kind regards, Howard

Carb engines, for motor vehicles, are becoming a thing of the past now and so the question of a flashback has become dramatically reduced over the years.

I am a big fan of directly injected H2 as a solution in that is can be easily measured/controlled and timed.

Injection into the manifold is easier to achieve and I know of at least one project where H2 is being injected into the inlet ports at the manifold / cylinder head region of BIG ships.

That project involved a bespoke engine monitoring and management system being created.

Seems successful as its targeted at ocean going ships using the Rhine so emissions are a BIG issue.

Those address shown in this message do not exist !

Like "http://www.phillipscompany.4t.com/PR11.pdf"

The name www.phillipscompany.4t.com do not resolve at any DNS server i tried !

Too bad that website is down.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

*** Translate HODINFO ***

© 2019   Created by gabet123.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat