Catalytic Carbon PR11 Press Release new concepts and ACE cell.

I have been in talks with Howard Phillips whose team continues to innovate at a rapid pace. This most recent chat resulted in HODINFO members being the first to learn of a new concept and a new cell design. If your looking for a new direction to test I would suggest you soak up as much of this info as you can. Please see attached PR11 file or follow the link for it below and then follow the link to the ACE cell. 

Methods and systems for producing hydrogen.pdf (patent)

Methods and systems for producing hydrogen.docx (patent)

Howard Phillips catalytic carbon data archive (Data)

Ace cell research (research)

Views: 1676

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all, I've been out of the loop for a couple of years. Was reading some old post's and found this, 

"There is a new and novel way to prevent flashback, with no requirement for a flashback
arrestor. This new technology is not described in this document, because it was not invented
and developed by Phillips Company."

What was this "new technology" and is it outdated now??

Also,are there any ace2 cells commercially made ??

Cheers, Allan wells. 

oop's, doubled up.

Martin I think if you studied what the PDFs were about you wouldn't care how "silly" things looked. If your desire is to pop in and get a few back links to your site for page rank it isn't going to work all links have the no follow tag added automatically so spamming this site really does nothing to help your ranking in search engines. If you are curious as to what this site is about you can see it at the top of the home page.

Martin said:

all that PDF material seems so silly

The system fixed on the Buick looks ... no words for it...terrible.

We have 30% common savings, system, its not overheating, it works for years with not any rust on the plates Titanium.

Even on Hummer 6,2 V6 we use only 5A! to get 30% down

I dont know what you guys do here

we have few videos , photos at www.autonavodu.cz

Martin

Titanium plates.... someone is seriously missing the point here. ACE2.PDF from Howard Phillips detais a novel and efficient system producing excellent H2 using sacraficial iron electrode to capture the O2.
H2 NOT HHO.
It is all detailed (in great detail) in the ACE2.pdf dicument.
If you use Titanium you will need to capture the O2 elsewhere.

True!

Martin Moore said:

Titanium plates.... someone is seriously missing the point here. ACE2.PDF from Howard Phillips detais a novel and efficient system producing excellent H2 using sacraficial iron electrode to capture the O2.
H2 NOT HHO.
It is all detailed (in great detail) in the ACE2.pdf dicument.
If you use Titanium you will need to capture the O2 elsewhere.

That is the WHOLE POINT of why I proposed to Howard that we develop the ACE Cells with Fe ! The sacrificial electrode is not wasted as the magnetite that results from the processes'," hydrogen evolution" may be re sold for as much as the electrode material costs at retail price after it is recovered from the system. The hydrogen generation has an appealing LCOE aka: Levelized Cost Of Efficiency. This process will allow one to come in at the desired Levelized Cost of Efficiency sought by the DOE with a lot of profit margin to spare. Why else would I do it?

Wasted means that the electrodes change state from iron into something else. Not only is this change a chemical process but also physical. The solid iron is wasted away to something else... in this case an oxide of iron in a particulate format.
The iron electrodes are sacrificial in that the solid electrodes need to be replaced in order for the cell to be used again. They have a finite life.

I saw that bit a while back ago as well. I'd love to see what the new flashback arrestor was but I could find no references to it either. The way that was written looks as though the OP had a bit of a gripe but I could be wrong.

Not sure about ACE2 cells going to market as yet. They seem to be in various stages of development across various parts of the globe. Certainly India, Canada, US, UK and Australia are the areas I've worked with. I suspect Howard is supporting other developers and organisations.

Allan Wells said:

Hi all, I've been out of the loop for a couple of years. Was reading some old post's and found this, 

"There is a new and novel way to prevent flashback, with no requirement for a flashback
arrestor. This new technology is not described in this document, because it was not invented
and developed by Phillips Company."

What was this "new technology" and is it outdated now??

Also,are there any ace2 cells commercially made ??

Cheers, Allan wells. 

Yes Martin. The electrodes are wasted in that respect. They are just converted into another form of iron which has a substantial market value and use as a Nano particulate, worth as much as it was in its original form of steel roll metal. It is my intention to manufacture and market the ACE Cells Allan. I am working on that as we speak. BTW, I mentored the crew of students in India as a favor to a gentleman there who licensed the technology from Howard.

Jessee McBroom said:

Yes Martin. The electrodes are wasted in that respect. They are just converted into another form of iron which has a substantial market value and use as a Nano particulate, worth as much as it was in its original form of steel roll metal. It is my intention to manufacture and market the ACE Cells Allan. I am working on that as we speak. BTW, I mentored the crew of students in India as a favor to a gentleman there who licensed the technology from Howard.

Thanks Jessee, i seem to recall that Howard made this freely available. Will you need a licence, as the gentleman in India ??

Hi there Jessee and all members, Happy New Year to everyone. How's the manufacturing going Jessee and has anyone redesigned the ace 2 cell, that will share the design and what about that new flashback arrestor ? Any news of licencing ?

Cheers,

Allan Wells.

Allan Wells said:

Jessee McBroom said:

Thanks Jessee, i seem to recall that Howard made this freely available. Will you need a licence, as the gentleman in India ??

Alan,

I posted a fair bit of information on making a solid state H-Bridge driver and circuitry a few weeks ago. It was an attempt at making the electrics a bit more robust yet adaptable because you can use it on 12 - 24 volts and easily vary the switching time constants of frequency and mark/space ratio.

Also followed it up with some information and discussion points on multi-plate cell arrangements Alan Smith and I experimented with.

Please feel free to use or experiment with anything I've posted as it is here to share.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

*** Translate HODINFO ***

© 2018   Created by gabet123.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat