I have started to think about it, when people says that despite the use of a bubbler, lye fumes have managed to get pass and destroy things on their way to the engine, f.eks the throttle-body.

The more i think about it, the more sure I get of that regular bubblers do not remove the lye fumes as much as we like to think. 2 is probably better than one in any case, but probably not good enough.

What can we do to stop the fumes completely?

I have one idea of using a high metal surface do make the fumes condense and drip down, perhaps combined with a water bubbler. Or two in one? Potscrubbers in a regular bubbler for instance.

I have noticed that in a container with a wet cell, the small bubbles with hydrogen and oxygen comes up very quickley and burst at the electrolyte surface. Seeing it from the side, small droplets are throwed upwards between 3-7cm depending on how much current is used. If the outlet is placed right in top of that "bursting", the droplets will probably go into the hose and then into the intake. By placing a cover above the cell, under the lid/output will remove the most of that droplets.

What do you guys and girls think? The more heads that think, the better solutions can we get.

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Outside air is dirty. The air that goes into the engine must be hospital clean.

If you want to try adding outside air, please us a good filter. A bad filter or no filter will make your water turn yellow. Hoping for your success.
Yes they do. Depends on how much fumes in your gas and depends the size of the bubbler. But the best thing is to have less lye as possible in your mix. This is where the PWM generator comes handy.
PWM's doesn't make you need less lye, probably more lye instead.

I really believe that ordinary bubblers with just a hose i a container only let the lue fumes pass through...

Hydroxygas said:
Yes they do. Depends on how much fumes in your gas and depends the size of the bubbler. But the best thing is to have less lye as possible in your mix. This is where the PWM generator comes handy.
I only need a few grains of lye with my pwm... that's not even 1%
Ok. I just mean that with the same cell and concentration of lye, you can't get more amps/lpm with a pwm instead of direct dc. Or have you found another way?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

*** Translate HODINFO ***

© 2019   Created by gabet123.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat