I have started to think about it, when people says that despite the use of a bubbler, lye fumes have managed to get pass and destroy things on their way to the engine, f.eks the throttle-body.
The more i think about it, the more sure I get of that regular bubblers do not remove the lye fumes as much as we like to think. 2 is probably better than one in any case, but probably not good enough.
What can we do to stop the fumes completely?
I have one idea of using a high metal surface do make the fumes condense and drip down, perhaps combined with a water bubbler. Or two in one? Potscrubbers in a regular bubbler for instance.
I have noticed that in a container with a wet cell, the small bubbles with hydrogen and oxygen comes up very quickley and burst at the electrolyte surface. Seeing it from the side, small droplets are throwed upwards between 3-7cm depending on how much current is used. If the outlet is placed right in top of that "bursting", the droplets will probably go into the hose and then into the intake. By placing a cover above the cell, under the lid/output will remove the most of that droplets.
What do you guys and girls think? The more heads that think, the better solutions can we get.