The easy way to build a efficient high volt cell.

1st we need to build a simple controller, remember  ac to dc adds voltage.

Remember house wiring is designed for a max amps normally 15 to 20 amps.

Check your breaker or fuse for the max also the receptacle, most are 15 amps.

AC volts is approx. 117 volts on most 120 circuits. When  rectifying ac to dc you gain volts 1.5 volts dc to 1 volt ac.

We want to start with a variac (this is a adjustable power transformer) this will allow us to get the best mmw.

We will need a bridge rectifier ( I like them to have built in over kill 1400 + volts 40 amps or more).

You will also need a big heat-sink a fan will also help keep it cool

I also like to put in a breaker 10 to 15 amps over kill is a must for safety.

I also like a meter for volts and amps for the output.

We need a power cord from the variac to this unit. Remember to get the right gage wire for the amp draw ( I like 10 to 12 gage any smaller is asking for trouble).

OK that's what we need for the controller  ( if you need help to wire this ether ask me or someone else).

2nd we need to build a good safe cell with a good mmw  (7. + mmw). We have a few things to think about, how many lpm we want and how to keep it cool. So we get clean hho with no steam or very little. We know that a 7 mmw is 1 lpm at 142 watts. We also know that we need 3 inches of plate per watt (remember we want a high mmw and a cool cell ). We don't want the cell to run hot, that makes steam  and  is no good.

We also know that we want 1.75 volts to 1.9 volts per gap. (again we want no heat).

So at 120 ac volts we need at least 65 plates, remember dc is higher ( I build 76 plate cells).

The easiest and best cell to date is a dry cell a very easy build and the highest mmw.

Now we need to know what are output is designed for. 3 inches per watt,  that means on a 6 by 6 inch plate exposed we have 36 inches or 12 watts.

Remember a plate has 2 sides so that will be 24 watts per plate. I said I like 76 plates so really in a dry cell that is 75 on a dry cell we loose 1 plate because it is on the outside. so 24*75 = 1800 watts or at max 12.67 lpm with a 7 mmw and no steam.

Because of this kind of power we need "need " "NEED"  to protect our self " THIS WILL KILL YOU"….

So we cover the outside plates with rubber and non-conductive plastic. SAFETY IS KEY.

OK that being said plates need to be at least 316L (the L stands for the carbon content) stainless steal 316 wont cut it.

I like nickel or coated plates they will double the watts per inch or more. Any cell that runs hot will make red mud (iron leaches out of the ss).

THIS IS NOT GOOD .... MUD MEANS INFERIOR SS OR HOT A GOOD CELL WILL NOT "WILL NOT" MAKE MUD....

Gap spacing the closer the gap the better it will conduct.... But less water in the cell. I like gaps smaller then 1/8 inch REMEMBER  WE WANT A HIGH MMW.

Gaskets

Rubber will work fine for koh.

If the cell is compressed I like at least 1 ton.

Super gaskets will be Teflon.

OK  NOW WE HAVE OUR CELL AND POWER SUPPLY.

We still have things to say. A cell acts like a leaky super capacitor (after a short time it will hold voltage around 2 volts).

When we run this thing it will gain voltage as it warms up "I've seen them over 200 volts dc".

That's why we have the variac we will be able to adjust the volts. Amps  is controlled by the amount of koh.(a bad cell will want to over heat and the amps will run away).

Builders will put current limiters to stop this. We will add koh for the desired amp draw when warm.

The last thing  I have to say here is remember the law Amps* Volts = Watts.

Electrolyte flow, builders can design this into the cell by gravity feed but using a pump to flow the electrolyte isn't bad but pumps use power and this will hurt your mmw.

THIS IS THE BASICS I'LL ADD MORE INFO I will be writing a E book.

Views: 1159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd like a rider mower (if I had enough grass to mow) just to put both HHO and a vapor bottle carb system on it. That would be a fun project.

So waddaydoin now? Pushing snow?

anyone know of home made measurement devices and how they work?

and if they are accurate ?

There is no accurate device unless the gas being measured is moisture free.  All home made devices are still then only relative and only reflect if there is an improvement or not.  For the sake of refferance, endometers are the most practical. The bigger you make it the more accurate your measurements will be. If you want to compare your cells performance to others you need to be using the same method and device for testing.

don said:

anyone know of home made measurement devices and how they work?

and if they are accurate ?

Carter ... This is not true... we will be releasing a true flow rate meter very soon with our system. We have plans to sell the flowmeter as a stand alone unit. have a look at the display unit that you will see soon here.

not to step on any toes.

what about steam? ect.

Well I have no idea how your device works.  If it can differentiate between HHO and moisture then it will work, or if all the moisture is taken out before it goes through then it should be accurate, which is what I said.  You need to explain exactly how your device will accomplish the accurate measurement of moisture laden HHO.  Accurate measurement of what ever goes through the meter is possible but an accurate measurement of just the HHO  which is laden with moisture is not possible to my knowledge, but maybe you have solved this problem.  If you have I am the first one to congratulate you.  Not only that, if it is at a price I can afford, I will purchase one if it can give me an accurate measurement of just HHO excluding the moisture. 

hHOFEe said:

Carter ... This is not true... we will be releasing a true flow rate meter very soon with our system. We have plans to sell the flowmeter as a stand alone unit. have a look at the display unit that you will see soon here.

I would like to see a picture of the riding HHO lawn mower if you have one!  This I have to see!

Carter said:

Not totally true.  My home base is not far from Minot so am very familiar with -60º F weather.  Just like the heating bills go up so does the cost of fuel or let us say efficiency goes down.  Everything has to be done differently in extreme cold weather.  Gains are less all the way around but there is still some gains to be had.  This costs more though.  I agree winter is a bummer in this respect but not impossible.  Lots of inconveniences and added costs but not impossible.  I ended up mounting 2 reactors in my car so I did not have to move things around for winter and summer and a number of other things.  I do not let my garage go down less than -20º F and am very aware of the temperatures when I go shopping and park outside where I can not plug in.  All costs more and is not the most convenient but doable with things like remote starters etc.   There is some things you just can not do.   You end up paying for clean crisp air in the winter and great summers during the winter.  But look at this way no lawn mowing a savings.  LOL   My ride on lawn mower uses HHO too.   

Catherine K said:

This is some great information!

However, I don't think this technology has much of a future in very cold environments, say International Falls, MN, typically the coldest place in the lower 48. Minot and Fairbanks can probably rule out use between September and May also.

Unless gelatin can be added to the formula, the changing states of hydrogen need to be controlled. via temperature.

Catherine, I have no pictures and am away from home in a warmer climate.  LOL Nothing great to see either.  I do not want to mislead anyone in thinking that the lawn mower is running on HHO only.  It is not.  It is just running very lean with HHO making up the difference.  It is about a 40% improvement over stock.  I am sure you could get it a lot better but will require more work and is not something I want to spend more time on.   It only runs about 4 hours once a week in the summer.    

Catherine K said:

I would like to see a picture of the riding HHO lawn mower if you have one!  This I have to see!

Carter said:

Not totally true.  My home base is not far from Minot so am very familiar with -60º F weather.  Just like the heating bills go up so does the cost of fuel or let us say efficiency goes down.  Everything has to be done differently in extreme cold weather.  Gains are less all the way around but there is still some gains to be had.  This costs more though.  I agree winter is a bummer in this respect but not impossible.  Lots of inconveniences and added costs but not impossible.  I ended up mounting 2 reactors in my car so I did not have to move things around for winter and summer and a number of other things.  I do not let my garage go down less than -20º F and am very aware of the temperatures when I go shopping and park outside where I can not plug in.  All costs more and is not the most convenient but doable with things like remote starters etc.   There is some things you just can not do.   You end up paying for clean crisp air in the winter and great summers during the winter.  But look at this way no lawn mowing a savings.  LOL   My ride on lawn mower uses HHO too.   

Catherine K said:

This is some great information!

However, I don't think this technology has much of a future in very cold environments, say International Falls, MN, typically the coldest place in the lower 48. Minot and Fairbanks can probably rule out use between September and May also.

Unless gelatin can be added to the formula, the changing states of hydrogen need to be controlled. via temperature.

I trying to think of more to put in here. i know lots of people are reading. please give more topics

i've been real busy sorry i haven't added anything in a few weeks if anyone would like to read about a topic please post i'll get to it asap.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

*** Translate HODINFO ***

© 2018   Created by gabet123.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat