HODINFO is a collaborative think tank. We are an International group comprised of inventors, scientist, mechanics, tinkerers, fabricators, and out of the box thinkers. Our mission is to find innovative solutions to the problems that primarily limit the production and delivery of H2. As the world wakes up to the idea of using hydrogen it also becomes clear that immense infrastructure initiatives will be required to make it happen. If adequate solutions can be found to support HOD systems then the world can remove great and costly limitations on future applications. It is important to realize that the future is not just Hydrogen, it's Hydrogen-on-Demand.

Hello All, Happy new year. I want to build a system to use with my Citroen C5 1.6 HDI. I have been given a Hydrotechnix DC-1204-30 Voltage to current converter that I would like to use to control the cell. The Specs are as follows:-

Input Voltage                            10 - 15 Volts

Adjustable Output Current          28A - 32A DC (Nominal 30A)

Output Voltage                          3.5V - 4.8V (Nominal 4V)

Current Ripple                           5% (Maximium)

This unit I beleave is a constant current style pulse width modulator. This unit cannot be used with nutral plate generators ie: +nnn- , I have been in touch Hydrotechnix and they have suggested a 4 plate 2 cell configuration eg: +-|+- using 100mm square 2 mm thick 316 ss plates with a gap of 2mm between the plates. I would however prefer to use Titanium as it gives a better quality gas.

Any advice would be welcome please

Thank You 

Views: 306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is the KOH that is in the gas that is cumulating in the bubbler.

Mark Vincent said:

PS have just taken my system off line after 10.5 hours still just running warm no steam.

Just one other question I have just emptied the bubbler of water should it feel slimy to the touch or have I got something wrong?

Thanks Again

Thank You for the replies. I was looking a using titainium for the plates a one point but found it to expensive as I am unemployed at the moment.

Up[ date cell, header tank, bubbler, flash back arrester, all wiring and maf/map enhancer now enstalled in the car. All running fine eccept the maf/map censor which causes the engine management light to come on this I beleave is due to the car having an EGR valve fitted to it and the maf/map enhancer cause the ERG valve to shut down when I try to reduce the amount of air being measured by the maf sencor. Has anyone else had this problem?

Update The system has now been running in my car for about 6 weeks and all is fine. The electrolite is still clear has not gone brown. The exhaust was spitting out very black water but this has also cleared and I have blocked of the EGR Valve more improvement as now only taking in clean air and HHO gas. Citroen say that the car should do about 45MPG Urban but I am now getting around 74.8 MPG Urban yet to take the car on a long run hopefully later this month. Next item to save for and get is a chip tuning device hope to have that mapped for maximum fuel efficiency as at 61 I am not longer interested in booting it from A to B so performance is not an issue.

Will keep you posted

Reply to Discussion

RSS

*** Translate HODINFO ***

Archive this page

Latest Activity

marc tamiso is now a member of HODINFO
Wednesday
charles ware replied to broandrew's discussion 'TESLA TECH CONFERENCE SCHEDULE JULY 2017 - Bob will be speaking'
Jul 16
charles ware replied to broandrew's discussion 'TESLA TECH CONFERENCE SCHEDULE JULY 2017 - Bob will be speaking'
Jul 15
anthony a grisanti left a comment for Anthony Preston
Jul 15
broandrew replied to broandrew's discussion 'TESLA TECH CONFERENCE SCHEDULE JULY 2017 - Bob will be speaking'
Jul 13
phil updated their profile
Jul 12
Jeremy Dukes favorited broandrew's discussion TESLA TECH CONFERENCE SCHEDULE JULY 2017 - Bob will be speaking
Jul 11
Jeremy Dukes replied to broandrew's discussion 'TESLA TECH CONFERENCE SCHEDULE JULY 2017 - Bob will be speaking'
Jul 11
broandrew posted a discussion
Jul 8
Mark Vincent replied to Mark Vincent's discussion 'New to the forum and HHO systems'
Jul 4
gabet123 replied to gabet123's discussion 'Spammer Alert'
Jul 4
Jeremy Dukes replied to Felix Audet's discussion 'Corrosion and Circulating HHO cells'
Jun 25
gabet123 replied to gabet123's discussion 'Phillips Company/ Howard Phillips/ Catalytic Carbon Data Archive'
Jun 25
gabet123 replied to gabet123's discussion 'Phillips Company/ Howard Phillips/ Catalytic Carbon Data Archive'
Jun 25
Jun 25
Jun 25

© 2017   Created by gabet123.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat
Warning: require_once(xn-app://widgetlaboratory/apps/windex.php): failed to open stream: "XN_AppFilesystemStream::stream_open" call failed in /apps/hhoinfo/index.php on line 5 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'xn-app://widgetlaboratory/apps/windex.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes/XN:/php/includes/PEAR:/php/includes/other') in /apps/hhoinfo/index.php on line 5