Potassium Hydroxide - what is next best while I wait for KOH supply

Update on my current Subaru Legacy 2001 status.

Received HydroclubUSA Kit which included the Volo chip V15 .

I am actually completed the install - just a few things to do inside the car to neaten up - but engine plumbing side is all in and running .

Due to the new Year with , no local supply of KOH 0rder placed which will only get delivered in a few days.

My question is can I use another mix such as Caustic Soda or Bi-card just to get the dry-cell trickling .

I am concerned that I would have to flush and clean out once Potassium Hydroxide arrives.

If there is a big process to flush out , I would inclined to just wait for the best being KOH flakes.

Any suggestions on changing from one to the other would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brad

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If by Caustic Soda you mean lye, NaOH, equal parts of it and Citric Acid (sometimes called Sour Salt) seem to be what George Wiseman of Eagle Research recommends for use with his electrolyzers.  I would think that a thorough flush (and back flush) with water to clean the internals would be sufficient when changing electrolytes

Hi Greg

I did manage to get KOH from a supplier who shipped it the same week .

I am still battling with the Volo VP15 chip and getting any significant mileage gains .

May alternately look at nuilding an EFIE as the Volo support is not what I expected .

Thanks

Brad.

Greg Kusiak said:

If by Caustic Soda you mean lye, NaOH, equal parts of it and Citric Acid (sometimes called Sour Salt) seem to be what George Wiseman of Eagle Research recommends for use with his electrolyzers.  I would think that a thorough flush (and back flush) with water to clean the internals would be sufficient when changing electrolytes

You’re not the first I’ve heard that from about the Volo, and if you’re talking about the Eagle Research EFIE, do your homework on their website. It’s not just the upstream o2 sensors that need modification, but the MAP as well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

*** Translate HODINFO ***

© 2019   Created by gabet123.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat