In the world of Fuel Efficiency, there is one thing true: it's been a difficult row to hoe, getting more power out of our gasoline. The most amazing results are now circulated as only rumors, vague descriptions of vapor carburetors that get over 100 MPG's.

But then "THEY" changed the fuel formulas and all attempts to change the state using mechanics and venturis begin to fail. Efforts continue to vaporize the fuel, but the issues remain. The compounds are just not vaporizing completely.

The Gadgetman Groove appears to be overcoming this with a simple design change. A retrofit modification to throttle-plate equipped engines is causing a much higher vaporization rate, yielding tremendous gains in not only MPG's but also in horse power and torque. Top that with increased throttle response and it would seem that we have found at least one solution.

We would like to discuss "The Gadgetman Groove". Where it has succeeded, where it has failed, the benefits and the disadvantages, so that we might get a better understanding of not just what is happening inside the intake manifold, but how the computer is responding, and WHY!

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a Gadgetman. I have been doing the groove for Ron since last year. I have done the groove on several vehicles and had several different outcomes. One thing that all of the installations share is the boost in off the line torque. Since the groove modifies the air volume at part throttle it sometimes causes problems with ecu's, but it always produces noticeable increased torque in the low end where you want it.

The problems come from modifying the airflow in the intake. Some intakes have MAP sensors inside behind the throttle body. These will be affected by the modified flow. The pressure will drop along the outside of the intake where the sensor is located. A modification could be to extend the sensor into the center of the intake, or recalibrate the sensor using electronics.

Ron had told me that the groove would not work with HHO. I found that to be mostly correct. What I found was that you had to use less HHO with the groove. This is the same result as adding a vaporizer. What I have now is a vaporizer, gadget groove, HHO and magnets on a fresh rebuilt motor. Testing will begin today.
Hello, and thank you, Rob! Where have you been? I haven't heard a word in so long, I thought you fell in a hole!

What I have come to find is that while there is an issue with the MAP on select vehicles, it is because of the amplitude of the wave. Not the trough, but the peak. It is the artificial 'High' that causes those to deliver extra fuel.

The TRUE problem is in the exhaust temp. The computers are engineered in such a way as to use the O2 as a temp sensor (a la MAF). When you get a better burn, the exhaust temp drops. When this is detected by the computer, it increases the fuel delivery until it gets back up to par.

This engineering is designed to keep the cat at functioning temperature.

What it tells me is most of the vehicles that lose mileage (VERY rare!) are those that are responding the best to The Gadgetman Groove. It is in the computer sub-systems the issue appears.

If one is able to take complete control of the O2 sensor functionality, then this issue will become a 'Non-Issue' very quickly!
Have you guys tried to make the groove AFTER the TB instead of IN it? Then the issue with airflow would be fixed, but then the exhaust temp would still be lower, causing the computer to give more fuel?
I have tried The Gadgetman Groove after the plate in a couple of locations. Not one gave a result worthy of note.

"At the throttle plate, slightly after" is a must because of the unique characteristics of the intake air stream at that location. It is only there the native design will allow the groove to do its thang.

Chris, I look forward to seeing the work I did on yours (or did I?). If you'll send it to me, I will examine it and redo it if necessary at no charge.

You have my e-mail (Gadgetman(AT)GadgetmanTechnologies.com). Send it to me and I'll take care of it with a quickness!

Hello guys! Hope you are all doing well! I wanted to let you all know I have designed and built a fuel injector vaporizer adapter that super heats the gasoline to a dry vapor state. I am able to completely vaporize all parts of the gasoline without having any leftovers! As many may know and as some have noted above the air to fuel ratio changes the drier the vapor becomes. Once you get that air to fuel ratio the same as it was using a liquid gasoline "14.7" but minimize it to the amounts you need the engine to run as it does without using vapor (For example instead of a 14.7 ratio in grams it would now be a 14.7 ratio in milligrams) you have an engine that will perform as it should. The adapter I have designed prevents an auto or spark ignition from occurring because the gasoline runs through a super heated (600 Degrees+) quenching zone. This quenching zone prevents ignition of the vapors thus I am able to vaporize all parts in the gasoline!

I am working with some hackers that use to work for Bully Dog. They are designing chips that will take the place of or override the chips that are in the vehicles so the engine can meet the needs of running a vapor instead of a liquid fuel!

Hope this helps!

Wanna chat with you, Tyson.

How about hooking up through my site?

Ron

I tried to sign up for it but have not got the email to complete the registration.

I checked, and see no "Tyson" anywhere there. Try registering again and make sure you hit the SUBMIT button!

Ron

How is the groove biz Ron any new developments?

For anyone who has stopped on this thread, I've had the Groove on my car for the past 2 years (possibly longer), and It has helped quite significantly with reducing my fuel bill; a few things that helped were an ignition upgrade (wires and plugs), and relocating the MAP sensor and modifying the MAP signal.  My next step is to add George Wiseman's Eagle Research EFIE to the upstream O2 sensor.

Something that does occur is that when the ambient air temperature drops, the mileage gains are reduced.  I'm not sure if that's because of intake air density increasing, or if it's because the exhaust is cooler, or a combination of both - Ron has recently advised wrapping the exhaust system from the manifold to the upstream O2 with insulation to keep the heat from dissipating too quickly (for the sensor to see closer to the range it's expecting).  I've the materials to make the addition, but I've not done the work yet so I can't report on results.  Same for the EFIE, but I suspect once the EFIE is in place, it'll be easier to keep the mileage gains year round, and possibly further improve upon them.  If that doesn't do it, I'll go for the wrap.

Another modification I've pondered is to warm the fuel - not leading to the rail, but on the return line to the tank.  I've seen some documentation that this was part of the Pogue patent/system, I think.

I've also pondered a heat exchanger on the engine coolant, using exhaust heat as the source - the quicker a fuel injected car's computer sees the temps it's looking for, the sooner it will go into closed loop when warming up, which I can only assume will add to mileage gains.

I've also pondered modifying the EGR system so that it injects the warmer air into the intake airstream between the MAF and throttle body, displacing cooler intake air - it would help with fuel vapourization in cooler weather and likely bring some gains in efficiency.  The water vapour present there may also aid in combustion and/or displace intake air...

I'd love to have a discussion with anyone about all of these ideas...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

*** Translate HODINFO ***

© 2018   Created by gabet123.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat