Ok, so my theory - a very simple resonant cell is the following :

1.Make the cell with larger surface area ( preferably tubes ) and CALCULATE the capacity of the cell
- add in parallel with the cell additional capacitors to raise capacity
2.After the cell ( negative connectors ) connect the inductor
- wind the inductor of thicker wire so it can withstand higher current (up to say 10-20 amps )
- higher inductance the better :D

Now why add capacitors ?
Simple the higher the capacity the lower inductance is needed for resonant frequency, and the capacitors are far cheaper and easier to get than coated wire for transformer winding.
Why coils ?
Well as we know the back emf ( we call it the self inductance here ) is the voltage that goes back in the reverse direction after we cut the voltage for coil. So when we add it AFTER the cell it will discharge itself in cell and its extra capacitors. And they start to resonate (at least for the off time period of PWM )
I will post pictures of this theory from simulations using multisim soon.

Views: 45

Replies to This Discussion

Not a bad idea. I'll think it over a bit before I comment on whether or not I think it will work. By capacity, do you mean capacitance?

Just a note: Stan Meyer stressed high voltage over high amperage with every lecture he gave. Nicola Tesla described some very interesting properties of matter at high voltages and high frequencies.
I'd love to see the pics from your sim generator. Should be very cool.
As for me, I have a set of four concentric tubes in process on my bench. Following a long night night of vivid dreams, I woke with schematics in my head.
Among them was the image of using the cell as the inductor. Now, I will feed my cell (capacitor) with the current running through the winding, making my cell do double-duty.

Ron
aka
~GadgetMan~

RSS

*** Translate HODINFO ***

© 2018   Created by gabet123.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat